1. Ride in the back of a firetruck with awesome firefighters on duty
2. Ride in a small plane with a crazy pilot as skydivers jumped out
3. Interviewed a nudist
4. Interviewed an embalmer
5. Interviewed a movie star
6. Interviewed a Hollywood director
7. Interviewed a ghost hunter
8. Speekwalked for 30 minutes while holding a tray of quesadillas
9. Got a free ticket with a good seat at Gator Growl 2013
10. Sat on the edge of the soccer field with women’s coach Becky Burleigh
11. Photographed Olympian Elizabeth Beisel at the All-Florida Invitational
12. Shot a photo shoot in the middle of an Ocala cemetery at 1 a.m. with my friend as the model playing Ouija board
13. Met people from all over the world to feature on a street-style website
14. Had my portrait painted by a talented artist as a profile assignment tradeoff
15. Talked to Hemingway scholars about drinking, history and literature
16. Went into the kitchen of an award-winning restaurant
17. Wrote two community features of a local art museum that is the first of its kind in America
18. Profiled a UF talent on America’s Got Talent
19. Had one of my photographs featured on the cover of a book
20. Met some of the most incredible sources, friends and faculty as a UF journalism student
I’ve been able to do all this and more before even graduating. I love this field. I can’t wait to see what else the future has in store.
It might be luck, but hard work pays off, people.
What is my journalistic life?